BWSW Level 1 Coaching Award
Delivered by our partners at BWSW, the Level 1 Coaching Award is a perfect first step on the coaching pathway, particularly for volunteers who would like to help out at their club. It is predominantly a beginners level aimed at those who are new to coaching and would like to develop their skills. On successful completion of the qualification, candidates will be able to work with beginner skiers/riders only.
What is involved?
The Level 1 Coaching Award consists of 2 consecutive days of learning. All candidates have a portfolio of tasks to complete and are assessed at the end of Day 2. The BWSW level 1 covers the ‘Cutting Edge’ bronze programme and has elements including coaching theory, codes, safeguarding, risk assessment and land lessons.
Before the course
Prior to attending the first day of the course, all candidates must:
- Be a WWS/BWSW member.
- Be aged 16 years or over.
- Hold the BWSW Ski Boat Driver Level 2(SBD2) qualification.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the skills in the ‘Cutting Edge Bronze‘ programme for water skiing and wakeboarding.
Prior to receiving the qualification, all new coaches must become a BWSW Licensed Coach. This means that candidates must:
- Hold a basic First Aid certificate.
- Hold an Enhanced Disclosure (criminal records) check.
- Hold a Safeguarding and Protecting Children certificate (attendance course only).
How much does it cost and how do I book?
For information regarding course cost and availability, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.